Knitted and Felted Birdhouse Ornaments

These have been on my needles for months now. I got the pattern from a dear friend and have been wanting to make them for the longest time. Finally got around to it and love that these are the most perfect take along project to stuff in my purse. The pattern is very easy to follow and the pieces themselves take very little time to knit up. I should have several pieces done by now but since I happen to knit these only while out I've made very little progress. And what happened is I ended up with about 6 bases (most are purple) and two roof pieces. Silly me. It's a result of not paying mind to the process. Eventually more roof pieces will be made as well as bases in colors that are not purple. I have completed two houses you see here. They have been felted and stuffed (with beans and poly fill) and sewn together. I have determined that the bases need to be knit a little larger as the yarn felts quite well making them teeny. Still they are very cute and they are an excellent size for ornaments.

This pattern does give me ideas for making some bigger for a more village-like look. They could be a good little toy for critters or bitty fairy dolls. We'll see.

Comments

Popular Posts