Nifty Ideas: Picnics

Another round of fantastic nifty ideas I have discovered. You too may become inspired by these nifty things and in turn create your own. If you have any of your own nifty ideas please share them with me I'd love to learn about what is nifty to you.

Picnic season is such fun. Little kids love to picnic. I love to picnic. It's so easy to picnic. All you need are a few things, most of which are around your home. During the summer we'll set the girls up outside in our yard with a nice big sheet some pillows. There they will dine on their favorite sandwiches and fruit. It's a great way to escape without going far.

Over the years we have built a collection of great blankets. I have a wonderful waterproof blanket with straps that we keep in the car just in case we need something to sit on. I bought it at Target 3 years ago and it was the best $20 I spent there. I like that it has a large front pocket that zips so you can put anything in there like a small purse, keys, or even some snacks. With the buckle strap harness and a great size it has been a great picnic blanket. Unfortunately I haven't seen any like ours there since then. Sad, it really is a great blanket. There's a decent one here, here and here too. I suggest getting then end of season, which is according to retailers after July 4th.

I love non-breakable plates. Paper are fine to use but I prefer something more long lasting. We have a few melamine plates bought at the end of the season years ago. They have lasted such a long time which has been wonderful. They are great for dining on the patio, camping or tucked into a picnic basket. But, I have my eye on a set of these Enamel plates from Viva Terra. Love the enamelware! I think these would be even more long lasting than those melamine plates. I love the matching pitcher and tumblers too.

If you're like me and having a great picnic basket is something that really makes the picnic a picnic then finding one you like is imperative. Crate and Barrel have a nice looking basket. If you're really into picnics where you don't go far from the car then this basket is for you. It's classy, huge and has just about everything you'll need to have a decent picnic. There are also some back packs that are great for a trail-side picnic. We have one like this that has been great for short hikes.

No matter the basket, blanket or food nothing beats good company when you have a picnic.

Comments

Popular Posts